We take our city and the beauty of it seriously. That’s why we offer free estimates for the residents of Shelby County. View the rest of our residential services we offer, and let us know how we can help beautify your home and yard.
When tree removal becomes necessary, Abor M.D. can provide the necessary skills and equipment to safely do the job. Tree removal is recommended when:
- the tree is dead or dying
- the tree is considered hazardous
- the tree is causing an obstruction that cannot be corrected by pruning
- the tree is crowding or harming to other trees
- the tree is to be replaced by a more desirable specimen
- the tree is in an area where new construction requires removal
After the tree is cut down, we will use a machine to grind and shred the stump into mulch and chips. We can remove the debris leaving a flush hole coverage or you can choose to keep it as mulch for your yard or flower bed.
We know the ins and outs of tree fertilization. We start by analyzing the soil around the roots of your trees and shrubs. Then we develop an individualized plan for each specimen that needs fertilizer. Whether your trees need periodic surface applications or deep root fertilization, we can develop a schedule that’s right for your trees and shrubs.
Cabling or Bracing
Arbor M.D. installs tree support systems to provide supplemental support to leaders and individual branches. When a tree has a structural defect, such as a branch with a weak attachment, it poses risk of failure, and may cause injury or property damage if left unsupported. We can install a supplemental support system reduces the risks and helps your tree heal certain types of damage.
Tree Pruning & Trimming
Arbor M.D. can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of your trees, including:
- removing limbs that interfere with wires, buildings, streets, or sidewalks
- removing dead or weak limbs that pose a hazard
- removing diseased or insect-infested limbs
- trimming to reduce wind resistance and the potential for storm damage
- training young trees
- removing limbs damaged by storms
- thinning branches to increase light penetration
- shaping trees to increase their aesthetic beauty
About half of a tree’s mass is underground, and roots sometimes need special care to improve their growth. Root aeration allows water, oxygen, and fertilizer to more easily penetrate the soil and it provides space for root expansion. Not all trees need root aeration, but when their roots are impacted, aeration can make a big difference in the above-ground parts of a tree.
Emergency Storm Cleanup
When storms blow through Memphis, Arbor M.D. works around the clock to clean up the mess. Ask about our 24 hour emergency tree cleanup services.
When storms blow down branches, they often threaten other less damaged trees and shrubs. Our emergency crew can quickly assess the situation and devise a plan to rescue trees in jeopardy of damage from overlying debris. We can often save trees and shrubs that appear to be a complete lost. And, depending on the tree species, we may even be able to repair split limbs that look hopelessly broken.